How to Get Started | Independent Study
How to Get Started
- Select a course from the catalog.
- Confirm with your counselor that your school will accept the course credit.
- Register for the course online through our online catalog, over the phone, in person, at your school, or by mailing in a registration form.
- Access your course by using your BYU Net ID and password. If you have not yet created a BYU Net ID and password, click “Login” at the top of this page and then “Create an Account.”
- Become familiar with the course policies and deadlines outlined on our website and any unique policies and requirements for your course listed in the course syllabus.
- Study, complete, and submit all your course assignments.
- Choose a BYU Independent Study-approved proctor in your area to administer your required exams. We recommend that you select a proctor in your own school.
- Complete your course and receive your notice of course completion through the mail. (An official transcript can be requested if needed.)